Monday, July 28

Poppies


I took these pictures of my favorite flower in the beginning of June and I meant to post them, but as you all know, my life is a crazy mess.
 
I do love these huge poppies and I look forward to seeing them every year right around Memorial Day. These are some perennial plants that were given to me by my neighbor and they are huge and sturdy and wonderful. I do plant seeds every year for the smaller, more delicate California poppy but they did not do very well this year. A found that due to the rain storms we got this past spring many of the seeds that do not require soil coverage ended up washing away or becoming feed for the local bird population.
 
So, the next few posts will be dedicated to all those pretty pictures that I took and meant to post but craziness got in the way.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment