Thursday, April 24

Growing......

If you stand outside in my yard after dark and look toward the house you would think that something not quite "on the up-and-up" is going on in my basement. Those grow lights could lead people to believe that I am up to no good instead of starting the plants that will help feed us over this coming summer.
 
And in certain circles I would be considered, not a law breaker, but a some sort of quaint oddball.
 
Here it is just about food. About no chemicals and not paying a fortune at the grocery store. 
 
 
The tomatoes are all doing very well and this year I am getting serious about thinning. I hate to do it, but I want a good number of healthy, strong plants. Not a ton of weak ones.

I am very happy with the peppers this year. I started them very early and used a heat mat to speed germination.

No comments:

Post a Comment