Wednesday, August 7

Garden Update

A staple for the hot days of July and August.

Another staple - both very drought and heat tolerant.

I am very happy with how this turned out.

After a very disappointing cucumber season last year, this year has been great.
I planted extra seed and gave them plenty of room to climb.
Some of the first sungold tomatoes. It takes a little while for them to get going,
but once they take off, we will have tomatoes everywhere.

My favorite bean to grow - the purple podded pole bean.

Flowers from my second round of peas.

I managed to end up with 4 hot pepper plants this year and only two bell peppers.
Note to Self: be sure to place those popsicle stick markers in the right places when starting the seeds.....

1 comment:

  1. I had tomato confusion this year, and plants I marked as one type were actually a different type. I'm with you with the marker thing.

    Are you still having hot weather? It's been like September here many days and definitely during the nights. Things are so slow!

    ReplyDelete