Saturday, September 29

An Outlander Summer

This past summer I sacrificed endless hours of sleep in order to feed my Outlander addiction.

Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, and I am 3/4 of the way through The Fiery Cross. All excellent books that I highly recommend. That is, if you don't mind getting NOTHING else done, including sleeping.

I read when I should go to bed. I have all intentions of crawling into bed and drifting off to sleep. I am exhausted by the time 10pm rolls around. But then I see the red book on the night stand and I tell myself that I will just read a few pages.

A few pages go by and I look at the clock. It is only 10:15. Not too bad, I have time for a few more pages.

10:30
10:45

Ok, it is time to get to sleep. The baby will be up at 5 for a bottle and little man can be up anywhere between 4 and 7.

How many pages left in this chapter? Only 3. Ok. I will stop after this chapter....


This is how my night goes, and around 11:30 I finally turn off the light. Then I have strange dreams about colonial times, time travel and men with Scottish accents.

1 comment:

  1. I was the same way with the Game of Thrones series. I got no work done, as I was stuck to the books, and no sleep either. Thank goodness I read through them all. I got back to work!

    ReplyDelete