Wednesday, April 18

Turkey Spotting

As I was snacking on my morning toast I was presented with a nice little parade in the back field. Quite a few plump turkeys were pecking and observing and generally out for a morning stroll given the lack of any sense of urgency.

They waddled around, mostly following what I assume to be the big male. He had his big tail feathers out at one point but I was still chewing my toast and not pointing the camera.

Given the ever encroaching development and noise from traffic from the main road, I am concerned that they have limited space in which to forage and hide. Bow hunters frequent that land behind us and these plump guys and girls must make a tempting target.

But judging from that plumpness, they seem to be making out just fine.





No comments:

Post a Comment