Tuesday, January 10

I am a Dork


I have been informed that January 10th is House Plant Appreciation Day. All those ordinary, year round house plants who have taken a recent back seat to the showy poinsettias and evergreen garland are now back in the spotlight and they probably don't look so good.

House plants, at least in my house, need watering and trimming just as much during the winter months as they do in the summer. Our air is dry due to the wood stove and it seems to take its toll on the potted foliage around my house.

Having some greenery to feast my eyes on is wonderful when winter is here, even though this winter has resulted in not much wintry weather at all. They remind me that spring is coming and more growing of green is just around the corner.

By the way, while looking for a quick picture of a houseplant to give this post a little color, I was reminded just what a nerd I am for putting "house plant appreciation day" into the search engine:

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA! Love the title of your post.

    I have a lot of houseplants too. Too many, my husband would say, but I love to have green things all around me all the time. It's so calming.

    ReplyDelete