Monday, September 12

The "To Do" List



Once in a great while I will break out the BIG paper. If I ask Roy to do something, it usually goes in one ear and out the other. If I write it down on the little note thing by the fridge, it doesn't really get noticed. The BIG paper works.

Normally, I like to do yard and house chores myself, but a recent trip to the doctor resulted in my being banned from using the lawn mower and the weed trimmer, as well as the ongoing "no-chicken coop or litter box" rule. Week 35 of pregnancy doesn't allow much.

So I brought out the big guns in order to get Roy to get some things done for me. I combined the big paper with the playing of the "pregnancy card" and the threat that I would just "have to do it myself" if he didn't. It worked.

Just a note - last time I tried to use the big paper, I was not pregnant and I came downstairs the next morning to find my big list covered with smart little remarks like "Yeah, right!" and "I don't think we need to do this." Not this time.

To my ultimate shock, I woke up Saturday morning to a husband ready for chores. Lots of 'em. As you can see, most of the items are crossed off, including the big ones - pick up straw bales and clean out the coop, mow the lawn, use the weed trimmer, trim the front bushes, clean up yard messes, empty rotating compost bin, move portable chicken tractor....

Shocking.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I guess the big guns work!! I haven't quite figured out what the big guns are that work in my house.

    ReplyDelete