Sunday, July 24

Flowers, Despite the Drought

Despite the drought, some of my flowers have been doing well. I have not been watering the flower gardens as I am trying to conserve and only water the vegetables. Some have not made it long - my roses have wilted away as well as the poppies and several other varieties.

The yarrow is doing very well however, as are the tiger lilies...









I do have one box flower plant this year but the blooms only lasted a few days and this morning they were pretty wilted.....



Purple cone flower seems to be one of those plants that can grow in just about any conditions. It is what I call a 'tough' plant, durable, resistant and hardy. and the bees and butterflies love them...


Can anyone refresh my memory and tell me what this weed/plant is?



And I know this is a weed of sorts but I think they are pretty. And as long as they are growing in places that I am not going to be running into them, I let them stay....



Finally, these yellow daisy's are everywhere. One the side of the road, filling farmers fields, and scattered around our property. They are also popular with the butterflies...


No comments:

Post a Comment