Friday, April 29

Husbands

I don't want to be one of those people who complain about their husband as if they were sure they could do a better job without them. I am lucky to have such a wonderful man in my life and I can only wish that any of you who have not already found the homesteading man of your dreams will have good fortunes coming your way.

That said, I want to re-visit the word "wonderful". Roy is wonderful - 98.9% of the time. He is a hard worker, a great father, and a great provider. However, husbands can sometime do really damn dumb things.

I'm not talking about the little things that annoy every wife like muddy shoes, leaving the cap off the toothpaste or wet bath towels hung on the back of a wooden chair. I am talking about the things that really turn a home upside down for a little bit.

Please don't worry, everything is ok. I have yelled plenty. I have just been reminded of something I used to live by - you never REALLY know a person. I have become so comfortable after almost 12 years of marriage that I have let all my little protective walls come down. And that only leads to getting knocked on your butt a few times. The question is, do I want to invest in some new cement and bricks or do I want to risk being on my butt once and a while?

2 comments: