Friday, January 28

In For Service

My camera has gone to the shop. I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking it in and having it shopped around the country and then have them say that there is nothing they can do.

But I am not just going to let an expensive piece of equipment just sit around and not work property. And I sure am not in the position to buy a new one. So, using the warranty that I bought with the camera (I'm grateful I was talked into buying the four-year coverage!), I took it to the place of purchase expecting a hassle.

I got none. None what-so-ever. They honored the warranty and my camera is on its way to Connecticut for evaluation. Talk about customer service! They also said that if it was not able to be fixed then I would receive a new camera. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment