Tuesday, August 17

I Might Learn to Like Weeds



There is a section if my yard, on the far side of the barn, that I am considering letting go of.

It is by the old stone wall that lines the grass incline that leads to the upper barn doors. It is an out-of-the-way area that I can't do much with, except mow and weed whack once a week. But I missed one.

This weed, common mullein, is so interesting. I actually like this weed. I want to see more.



So this section if my yard is now going to be 'the wild zone". I am not going to trim things here and I am just going to let them go and see what comes up. Not that I am going to totally neglect my lawn care - this area will be contained and kept tidy. But I am interested to see what happens. I am hoping that this might lead to a natural area that attracts bees and butterflies and maybe a few hummingbirds.

1 comment:

  1. Throw in some native wildflower seeds and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised!

    ReplyDelete