Tuesday, April 6

Happy Today




My Grandpa is the best. He makes all sorts of things from wood - everything from kid’s toys to kitchen cabinets to decorative boxes to just about every little thing you could use around the house.

For Easter this year he surprised my Mom and I with some handmade boxes that he had been working on. He used wood from their property and each piece is made from one solid piece of wood, hand carved.

They are beautiful and I totally love them. I am so lucky.

Easter was good this year. We visited with both sets of parents and Connor got a lot of egg hunting time in. he kind of understood what was expected of him and tried his best to accommodate us and the cameras. He even tolerated the fuzzy white bunny ear thing i made him wear and the sweater vest I made him sit through church in. And I say "sit through church" very loosely. He was happy to run up and down the aisle and a few times and play with the handouts.

Grandpa also presented him with a kid-sized wooden wheelbarrow and a wooden toy airplane.

Nice weekend weather, good holiday stuff and the flowers are blooming and the trees are budding. I am happy today.




Easter was good this year. We visited with both sets of parents and Connor got alot of egg hunting time in. he kind of understood what was expected of him and tried his best to accomidate us and the cameras. He even tolerated the fuzzy white bunny ear thing i made him wear and the sweater vest I made him sit through church in. And i say "sit through church" very loosley. He was happy to run up and down the aisle and a few times and play with the handouts.

Grandpa also presented him with a kid-sized wooden wheelbarrow and a wooden toy airplane.

Nice weekend weather, good holiday stuff and the flowers are blooming and the trees are budding. I am happy today.

1 comment: