Friday, April 30

Confessions

Yesterday Roy got home a little early from work so we decided to head up to Tractor Supply to get the rest of the supplies to complete the chicken coop this weekend.

You don't have to twist my arm to get me to go to Tractor Supply since I absolutely love that store. I don't even need to be in the market for anything in particular - I just like to look and smell the pine shavings.

And apparently, so does my husband.

We were getting out of the car and wrestling with the baby seat buckle when I remarked "I just love this store! I just love to browse!" He said, "Yeah, so do I."

I said "When do you have time to browse in Tractor Supply?" Since the only time he goes there is with me and the baby. I know this because his schedule is set in stone, pretty much and I like to pride myself on knowing where he is at all times. Now I was curious. When DID he have time to browse at Tractor Supply? Or anywhere else for that matter? And what was he browsing for?

"Sometimes I go to Tractor Supply on my lunch break" he says to me. I said, "Oh, well, I guess if we really needed something you could go to the store near your office."

Then he says "Sometimes I just go there to look around. I like to walk up and down the aisles and look at stuff. I don't have the baby with me and I can just look."

I was actually shocked by this. I didn't know what to say for a minute. I felt like he just told me he had ventured to an X-rated movie after his afternoon conference call. And that he had met a hot blonde there. I felt a little upset for some strange reason.

How DARE you go to Tractor Supply - my favorite store - without me!!!! How DARE you ENJOY it!! SHAME!!!! How DARE you actually do something that is not on my mental schedule of your day.

All that said, I have no idea what is wrong with me. Different things mean, well, different things to me now.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was the idea of him getting to go to that particular store alone, and unencumbered with a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete