Tuesday, February 9

Quiet, please.

'Quiet' is one of the most important things in homesteading, in my opinion.

Everything seems to revolve around it for me. I want a quiet house - no tv's blaring, no unnecessary electric gadgets running, minimal chatter in that time after dinner and before bed.

I want to appreciate the quiet in being out in the garden weeding - just me and the birds.

Quiet to me is essential to achieving that feeling of true homesteading. I want to sit at my kitchen table after the dinner dishes are done, light some candles and read a magazine or a book and have the only noise be the sound of the pellet stove dropping little nuggets into the burner.

To be warm and happy and not have anything pressing to do. To be quiet. When I achieve that, I will consider myself a homesteader.

No comments:

Post a Comment