Wednesday, July 1

Fireflies vs. Fireworks


A few nights ago, Roy and I went out to the field with Snowy for her nightly business. We could hear the gigantic "boom" fireworks from the Fireman's Carnival going off a few miles away and we could see the glow of the explosions over the tops of the pine trees behind our house.
But the better show was all of the fireflies that were circling and diving around the side yard and field area. They were so pretty and quiet and surprisingly non-polluting in that their little lights don't shoot cloulds of dark smoke into the air. At least not that I know of.
Just one more example of how much better I think my life is now. I would rather spend time with my husband and my puppy in our field watching fireflies than overload my senses with gunpowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment