Thursday, June 4

A Very Strange Night - May 27, 2009

Ok, I had a very strange night last night.

First of all, I have to say that I had a very good day on Tuesday. Roy was back to work so I was able to get back on my schedule. I got everything done that I wanted to get done. House cleaning, laundry, walking with Snowy and Connor (4.19 miles, thank you very much!), a little yard work, worked out, took a shower and made dinner.

Then the hockey game. I fell asleep about half way through but I knew that Pittsburg would win becasue they were ahead 3 to 1.

So, after dinner, I had a snack. It was a Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar. It was very good. I was really, really hungry because due to my diet to get rid of this baby wieght, I only had a salad for dinner. So since I was so hungry and since the Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar was so good the first time, I decided to have another Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bar.

BAD IDEA.

VERY BAD IDEA.

Not to go into too many details but lets just say I was up pretty much all night with "gastrointestinal distress." Oh, by the way, the box actually says "Gradually increase fiber over time to help minimize potential gastrointestinal discomfort." Roy says that this translates to "only have one bar a day, idiot."

But this was not the only strange thing that happened. At about midnight I heard this really loud howling coming from the back yard. We have coyotes and we have known about them for some time. They live in my neighbors very large woods/tree farm and they have never bothered us before and I have never even seen one of them, until the other day. I just hear them sometimes but they are always far away from the house.

My neighbor has seen them and they have never bothered him either. But there is one that has gotten to be not afraid of people. He came out in the middle fo the day the other day and watched my neighbor mowing his lawn. So, we have a very "friendly" coyote who is not afraid of people. Well, maybe I should not say "friendly". I think he would not hesitate to rip an arm off me if he had that chance.

But the real propblem is my cats and my neighbors cat and my little guy, Connor. This coyote will come into the yard and this might get dangerous. So last night was the first time I heard the coyote and was actaully scared. The sound was all different since it was so close to the house and it was actually scary. Like Ghost Hunters in someones basement and they play back the tape and the homeowners freak out.

OK, so, this might not be as stange as some peoples nights but it was strange for my boring life. Gastrointestinal discomfort and a scary coyote added to no sleep, a snoring husband, a fussy baby, and two out of three cats flighting for the spot next to my head. The story of my life......

No comments:

Post a Comment