Thursday, June 4

Still Pregnant.... January 21, 2009

Week 35/36 - Why do they go by weeks? Everyone always asks "What week are you?" I just say "I'm in my 8th month". So, I am about 35/36 weeks.

Braxton Hicks contractions are a big pain - literally. Of course, I have no idea what it will feel like to go into labor so I am all freaking out that I am going to have him a month early, even though the C-section is scheduled for late February.

I had a very nice baby shower last Sunday which I have just seen the pictures from. I now know that I look like a killer whale. Or any kind of large whale. I am counting the days until I can get on the eliptical machine. And I am not getting off until I burn about 7,000 calories. It is different seeing a picture than looking in the mirror. I have been avoiding mirrors for the past few months becasue I can tell I am big but for some reason I can actually put something on and look in the mirror and think "OK, this looks ok. I don't look too bad." But then you see a picture of yourself wearing the same thing and it just doens't look as good as I thought.

I learned a lot of useful things at the shower. Here are a few:

1. I have reached the point where I think little boy clothes with little animals on them are actually cute and I like things that are made of fleece. Also, things with cute sayings on them that can be ironic in the right situations. Example: "Cute but Messy, just like Daddy", "Sleep is for the Weak", and Mommy's Little Hero."

2. They make special "baby wash" for giving the kid a bath. You can not just use dish soap.

3. Apparently duct tape is not a good option for anything involving the kid.

4. Kids have fingernails. They also have to be trimmed. (Thank you Becky)

5. Your kid is capable of burning your house down. Use the plug covers. (Thank you Casey).

No comments:

Post a Comment